Catalogs and lookboooks of clothes - this is a visiting card for the brand, designer or fashion house. First of all, the picture must represent the goods on the most favorable side and convey all characteristics of the goods - color, fabric, etc. ...
In this article we will consider the main components of the retouching of catalogs, which are worth paying the most attention, they are also the stages of retouching.
1. Important! In catalogs and lookbooks, retouching clothes is as important as processing the model. The thing on the photo should be presented in the best possible way, all important details should be underlined.
2. Color - it is very important to correctly convey the color and shade of the product. The most correct is when the colorchecker is used in the shooting phase. This gadget is used for each change of clothes and is provided as an additional material when ordering retouching. In addition, you need to be very careful with the color correction of the entire photo as a whole, so that it does not affect the tone or shade of the product.
3. Size - it often happens that a particular product does not ideally fit the shape of a particular model. In this case, we ourselves "plant" the clothes so that it is fits the silhouette perfectly well. For this, the retoucher uses the "Plastic" filter in Adobe Photoshop.
4. Texture - each material has its own individual texture, each of which has its own processing features. For example, silk and satin are usually smoothed and they are given even more gloss and shine, the denim becomes brighter and more expressive, the texture is emphasized on knitted products, additional volume is created. Lace - separately drawn, favorably emphasizing the beauty of curls.
5. Folds - there are folds intended, but there are random ones. We get rid of the random folds, and make the piece of clothing as neat as possible. The main thing is not to overdo it and do not forget to leave the natural folds, which preserve the natural perception of the picture. And some wrinkles, for example such as on skirts in creases - the retoucher favorably underlines them. The most difficult thing is to remove creases and folds on the pleated materials. Here, retouchers work with levels of shadows and light.
6. Details - it is necessary to be very carefully with details that you might not notice during the shooting, but you can not miss at the retouching stage. It can be the protruding thread, and the lining, and even the price tags, which are usually not removed during a photo shoot, but are hiden.
7. Oneness of the photos. Especially relevant for online stores. This includes an absolutely identical background color on all photos, the same skin color for the model (if it is one model), framing - in addition to the proportions and size of the picture - the ratio of the product in the frame and the empty edges.
8. Retouch of the model. From the basic things - it's leveling the skin tone of the model, the hair is given a well-groomed neat appearance, if necessary, the figure is corrected.
In conclusion of our article, already traditionally, we want to emphasize the importance of a good original image for obtaining the best possible result. The more thought through and professionally held photo session, the more the retoucher has the opportunity not just to "save" and bring in an acceptable appearance the photo, but to really beneficial emphasize all the advantages and hide all the imperfections.